Build your own hybrid animal and learn about DNA’s secret formula! The DNA Factory Board Game offers a creative way to introduce the concept of genetics to your child.
Introduction to DNA
Fun family game
Blend science with creative thinking
Why learn about genetics?
Our DNA has developed over billions of years, passing from generation to generation, evolving along the way as some genes are more successful than others.
Introduce your little one to the code of life with this fun and silly game. Create genetic codes for weird and wonderful new creatures as you shoot a ball at the target and collect body parts.
How to play
Build your own hybrid animal and learn about DNA’s secret formula!
- Shuffle the deck of Character cards, and place them upside down on the corresponding section on the game-board.
- Each player takes a Character card from the top of the deck.
- Using the catapult, each player shoots the ball at the Head section. The player whose ball lands closest to the target goes first.
- The first player chooses a card from either the Head, Body, or Feet decks, and reads it carefully.
- The player then prepares to shoot the ball from the catapult, to their selected body section. The number of launch attempts a player has for their turn is given on the card as the number of RNA strands.
- If the launch is successful, the player collects the card for their selected body part.
- The game moves to the next player, with everyone taking turns to try and collect different body parts.
Note: there are special cards that have interesting facts or ideas. Read them aloud!
- The first player to build the required hybrid character wins!