The Robot Workshop game offers a simple and fun way to learn about Robotics systems and design features. Inspired by NASA’s Curiosity Rover, children complete missions by working out which components to use when ‘building’ the ideal robot for the mission.
Feel like a robotics engineer!
Fun family game
Build problem solving skills
Robots are increasingly designed and implemented to make our lives easier or safer. We use robots to do highly complex or repetitive tasks, tasks requiring extreme precision or dangerous conditions.
But humans still have plenty of work to do, as we still need people to design the robots, and that is where YOU come in!
How to play
Learn about Robotics by designing robots, for space mission challenges on an alien world!
- Each player takes a Robot Core tile. Make sure to read the robot parts guide to learn the functions of each part.
- Roll the dice to move across the board. If a player passes a Mission space, stop, pick up and read out the Mission Card.
- Choose the components required for the mission and place them on the spaces provided in the workshop area.
- Once the player is happy with their choice, check the robot is built correctly. If correct, continue to move along the board. If incorrect, miss a turn.
- First player to reach the Finish Card and complete the mission wins the game!