By using the Learn with OjO website you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions of use. OJO has the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any given time and without actual notice to you. Every change will be published on this page. By using OJO after changes have been made, you agree to accept those changes whether or not you have reviewed them. OJO advises you to check this page regularly.
Festive Gift Wrapping promotion
Offer is available until Wednesday 20th December, as per Royal Mail UK Last Posting Dates. International dates may vary, please email us on [email protected] if you require further information.
Webshops and User Feedback
Shops which are approved by us to be included on OJO pay an annual membership fee. However, there are certain features on the OJO site which do not incur a cost and are established independently. Independently curated features include: non-sponsored reviews on our blog, selected products in our weekly Top Ten selections, and any non-sponsored mention on our social media channels.
You are entitled to leave your own opinion and feedback in the ‘Contact Us’ section of our blog or on one of our social media pages, but please know that we view all comments and have the right (but not the obligation) to edit, monitor or refuse to publish the content. We will not accept comments that are discriminatory, abusive or inflammatory. By leaving a comment on any OJO pages you warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post, that the content is accurate, that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity, and that you will indemnify OJO for all claims resulting from content you supply — OJO takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
OJO is not responsible for copyright and trademark issues of images supplied to us from webshops. By joining OJO, webshops give us the right to use any image on their site in an effort to highlight specific products or brands and direct users back to their webshop. It is the responsibility of every webshop to ensure they have the right to use and publish all images on their site.
OJO will always make every attempt to publish true and accurate information, and will always do the best to control relevancy and subject, however we cannot guarantee that there will never be any errors or mistakes in published material.
Webshops and brands featured on OJO are considered an external website and OJO is not responsible for any information, content, products, availability or advertising present on any external website. Once you have clicked to enter an external website, it is your sole responsibility to comply with the appropriate terms and conditions of that individual website.
In no event shall OJO be liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage arising from the use of an external website.
Webshops and brands featured on OJO are free to remove a product or change their price as they see fit and this is outside of OJO control. OJO accepts no responsibility for changes to prices, products, quality, quantity or policies of any external website/webshop/brand.
OJO is a website which offers a curated selection of our favourite children’s webshops and brands. The selection of webshops and brands featured on OJO is established independently. We have a list of criteria that these shops and brands must meet to be considered for our site, and we have only chosen the best and most fitting boutique webshops and brands for our site.
OJO is not liable for any damage from actions or decisions taken as a result of information provided on the OJO website.
Membership and Details
To use the majority of the OJO website and services, it is not necessary to provide any personal details. However, to use the specific member-only services, the user must register and provide some basic personal details. OJO only collects personal information on a voluntary basis.
Becoming a member of OJO is free and without obligation, and joining OJO does not entitle you to any unwritten rights.
If you do become a member, it is your responsibility to ensure your details are current and up-to-date. Personal information collected may include your name, home address, and e-mail address.
OJO does not take any liability in any form for mistakes, omissions or errors given by the user. OJO is not liable for any actions by members either on or off the website.
If you have acted in a way which goes against these terms and conditions, OJO has the right to terminate your membership without warning and may refuse any and all current or future use of the website.
All content included on this site, including but not limited to copy, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of OJO and protected by international copyright laws.
This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of OJO.
With regard to blog posts of your brand, you are welcome to post our images in direct relation to the post, but please link or mention OJO (and do tag @learnwithojo in the first lines of your social media posts). We unfortunately can not allow the use of our images on your website or on any promotional material or any other placement which is not directly linked to our review. If you are interested in using our images for promotional purposes, please do send us an email and we can discuss rates.
You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to OJO so long as the link does not portray OJO in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter.
The OJO and Learn with OjO trademarks may not be used in connection to any product or service that is not a part of OJO in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits OJO.
General terms & conditions for promotions and competitions
These general conditions for promotions and competitions (hereinafter the “Terms and Conditions Competitions’) apply to competitions and other promotional activities organized Thrive Venture Partners and/or its subsidiaries or its affiliated companies (hereinafter “Provider”). By participating in the Provider’s competitions, the participant agrees to the following Terms and Conditions Competitions. In addition, each competition and/or other promotion also has specific terms and conditions mentioned in the specific competition rules.
• Participants up to 16 years old state that they have obtained approval from their parent(s) for participation in the competition.
• Excluded from participation are staff and relatives of the Provider (including its subsidiaries) and cohabiting partners or family of the aforementioned employees. As well as any participants/suppliers in respect of the particular competition (including advertising agencies, advertisers, sponsors or producers).
• The participant is obliged to provide accurate, current and complete information when participating in the competition. The Provider may request a winner, before presenting the award or prize, to provide proof of their identity and residence information previously provided by the participant.
• The decision of The Provider is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding results and the awarding of the prize.
• The prize is personal and is registered in the name of the winner. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or payable in cash or other products or services. In case of refusal or non acceptance of the prize or conditions that are inherent to the competition, the prize will not be awarded. In that case, the Provider is entitled to choose another winner.
• The prize is awarded in its current state. The Provider is not responsible for any visible or hidden defects in the prize nor for any damage during delivery (shipping) of the prize.
• The handling of the delivery of the prize is arranged by the Provider, advertiser/sponsor or another appointed third party. In this last case, the Provider is not responsible for the delivery of the prize. In that case, the date of delivery of the prize will be determined in consultation with the supplier of the prize.
• The Provider is not responsible for any defects caused by delivery or shipping companies (e.g. delays, strikes, damage or loss) with respect to the delivery of the prize. When the winner, or a roommate, co-inhabitant or neighbor, isn’t able to receive the prize, the winner will pick up the prize later on (e.g. post office, etc.). The Provider shall not be held liable if the prize is not collected or received by the winner or collected by an unauthorized person, even when the delivery or shipping company has not left any notification or notice in any form.
• If the prize consists of tickets for concerts, festivals, films, sports events or similar types of events and/or holidays/flights, there can be no claim on any form of compensation in case of cancellation.
• If the prize includes travel/accommodation abroad for which a passport is required, the participant must be in possession of a valid passport to receive the prize. The prize is not awarded when failing this condition.
• The winner is able to claim the prize up to three months after publication. After this period, entitlement to the prize automatically expires.
• The winner of the prize gives the Provider permission to use, free of charge, any received personal data, any photos or any contributions linked to the competition to be used in promotional activities relating to the competition and in relation to the announcement of the winner through all media, including radio, television and internet.
• To the extent required, the Provider will arrange any withholdings and/or declaration of gambling taxes, except where specific conditions in the competitions state otherwise.
• At the request of the Provider, the winner(s) of the prize will cooperate in promotional activities of the Provider to the extent that can be reasonably expected of them, including publicity regarding the announcements of the winner(s) across all media including radio, television and the Internet. For cooperating with these promotional activities no financial compensation will be paid.
• The participant consents to the processing of personal data in connection with participation in the competition. The Provider may add the personal information to its database, which is confidential and will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
• Personal information may be used to execute the competition and the award ceremony. In this context, the Provider is entitled to provide personal data to third parties involved in the relevant competition (including suppliers, advertisers, sponsors and/or producers). Moreover, the participant gives permission to the Provider to keep him/her informed of the products and/or services of the Provider, its partners (including sponsors, manufacturers and advertisers) and carefully selected companies.
• Use of the awarded prize is at the expense and risk of the winner. The Provider can not be held liable for use of the prize by the winner under the General and/or specific conditions for competitions.
• The Provider is in no way responsible for any damages arising from participation in the competition or for any technical malfunctions, failures or delays with respect to participation in the competition or the appointment of the winner.
• The Provider is in no way responsible for any problems or defects arising from the use of the Website and/or downloading any components whatsoever in relation to the competition.
• The Provider has the right to disqualify participants if he believes that the participants are not acting in conformity with the General and/or specific Terms and Conditions Competitions or if the participant is otherwise fraudulently accessing the competition or unfairly influencing the course of the competition.
• The Provider is entitled to, at its discretion and without notice, change or modify these terms and conditions specific to the competitions for the duration of the contest and without giving a reason to discontinue, modify or adapt the competition for reasons of its own without any obligation to compensate any damages on behalf of the participant. Any changes or adaptations within the competition, will be made public in an appropriate manner (e.g. via its website).
• If one or more conditions of the General and/or specific terms and conditions competitions are void or invalid, this will not affect the validity of the remaining conditions of the General and/or specific Terms and Conditions Competitions.
• When the General and/or specific Terms and Conditions Competitions differ from those determined in the Specific Terms and Conditions Competition, the specific Terms and Conditions Competition prevail.
• The competitions and other promotional activities of the Provider need to adhere to the Gaming Act and the terms and conditions of the Promotional Gambling Code.
• Any questions, complaints or comments about the competitions can be made in writing. Send them in a sufficiently stamped envelope to Studio 13, The Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Lane, London E1 6QL. Please always include the name of the competition. The Provider will answer as soon as possible.
Data Collection & GDPR
By buying one of our products, whether it is a kit or a ticket for a workshop, you consent to us gathering certain information about you, in order to process your order. This may include (but is not exclusively limited to) information such as your full name and email address (so we can email you an order confirmation), your IP address (this is securely collected by our payment system, so that we can validate your payment information and prevent fraudulent orders), and the order will be added to your purchase history, which we also retain, in order to be able to help with inquiries and see which customers have ordered in the past.
For the purposes of placing your order, we use a secure third party payment provider who will securely handle transaction information (our website is secure to the highest level of PCI Compliance via PayPal and Global Payments, 2 of the world’s most secure, best-known and most reliable payment systems.
If you make a purchase from our website and create an account, you will be opting in to marketing communications, or, if you sign up to our email list via our website, we may use this information to process your order (if you’ve processed an order), to contact you about an order, or, to notify you about appropriate company information such as newsletters, parental notes, sales, updates, news, promotions etc. You may opt out of these communications at any time, either by contacting us, or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the email. We use a secure, third party email provider to store and manage email subscription information. You may request for us to delete your customer information at any time, by contacting us. We will carry out this request within 30 calendar days.
Questions, comments and requests regarding our terms and conditions are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected]
This policy was updated on 21 May 2018.